They have a magnificent team. These people are always kind and willing to listen to your concerns or issues. Better yet, your assignment is always ready before the time, they usually send you a draft to double-check before they finalize your paper.
LS311-1 Week 2 Assignment
The Cardigans are a very progressive with the way they do business, especially with keeping up with the latest laws and cases that pertain to individual rights and the impact that the laws have on business. They are planning to introduce a new line of clothing called “Scantily Clad” with the slogan, “So light You Won’t Know You are Wearing a Thing!” The local television station WBLAH told Candie Cardigan that it would not air such a commercial due to content. Furthermore, that it was not appropriate for children to view it. The Cardigans believe that this is old law and believe that they are protected under the First Amendment’s Freedom of Speech.
Your supervising attorney, and one of CARDWARE’s Corporate Counsel, Rice E. Roni would like for you to analyze case law in your state as well as the First Amendment Freedom of Speech and determine if the Cardigans have a right to have their commercial aired or not. Be sure to discuss whether or not WBLAH is unreasonably abridging the Cardigans’ rights guaranteed to the individuals under the First Amendment. Your response is to be in the form of a memorandum instructions which are provided below.
Rice E. Roni scribbled a few notes on a sheet of paper to help you with your research.
· Look at the case of Action for Children’s Television v. FCC.
· Please review the 1978 decision of the Supreme Court in Federal Communications Commission v. Pacifica Foundation – See more at:
First Amendment and Censorship. (n.d.). Retrieved June 10, 2016, from http://entertainmentlaw.uslegal.com/censorship/first-amendment-and-censorship/#sthash.AnrMIuEN.dpufPlease determine if this is good law, or not and whether or not it applies to our situation.
· Be sure to analyze our situation from both a positive and a negative viewpoint so we will know what our strengths and weaknesses are when we insist that our commercial be given air time.
You are the paralegal working for CARDWARE’s corporate counsel and have been asked to draft a 2–3-page double-spaced memorandum to Rice E. Roni, Corporate Counsel of CARDWARE Inc. And discuss the following:
· Your state law and the First Amendment and whether or not the Cardigans have a right to have their commercial aired or not.
· Be sure to discuss whether or not WBLAH is unreasonably abridging the Cardigans’ rights guaranteed to the individuals under the First Amendment.
· Be sure to indicate which case gives us the most support of having the commercial aired.
Checklist before Submitting Your Assignment
· Read the question and what is being asked of you twice.
· Structure your Assignment in memorandum form.
To: Rice E. Roni, Supervising Attorney, CARDWARE Inc.
From: [You’re Name]
· Organize your memorandum with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
Note: Your memorandum length of 2–3 pages is separate from the cover sheet and reference page.
· Keep all font color consistent throughout. If a blue hyperlink appears, remove it by hovering over it and right click. A vertical dropdown menu will appear. Click on Remove Hyperlink.
· Avoid the use of first person.
· Provide in-text citations. If a reference is listed in your reference page, make sure it is displayed within your submission where you retrieved information from.
· Provide hanging indents where needed.
· Double space throughout your submission, including throughout your reference page. Note: This includes between your references.
· Your reference page should be separate from the body of your submission.
· Use Times New Roman size 12 font.
· Provide an APA formatted cover sheet.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more