They have a magnificent team. These people are always kind and willing to listen to your concerns or issues. Better yet, your assignment is always ready before the time, they usually send you a draft to double-check before they finalize your paper.
Answer ALL of the following questions with a well-developed paragraph each. Please use a quotation from the poem in question to support your answer. As always, you are encouraged to leave thoughtful feedback on the posts of your peers for possible extra credit.
1) Most people think of poetry as being kind of “decorative” or pretty, but Julia Alvarez clearly believes it can change lives. Do you agree or disagree? How does it change the lives of the individual people in the poem?
2) In Edna St. Vincent Millay’s poem, what has the relationship between the woman and men been like when she was young? What is it like now? How does she feel about this change?
3) In lines 9 -14, the poem uses a metaphor – it equates the woman with a tree. Explain this connection and what the metaphor means in terms of the woman’s feelings/relationships/age.a
4) Write out the rhyme scheme of “What Lips My Lips Have Kissed.” Review the “Introduction to Poetry” Power Point if you need help.
5) Etheridge Knight, who wrote “Hard Rock Returns,” really did spend time in prison and wrote most of his poems, this one included, while incarcerated. Do you think that lends his poem more credibility? How is the tone/content/diction of this poem different from “traditional” poetry?
6) In the last three lines of “Hard Rock Returns…,” Knight uses the following simile:
“The fears of years, like a biting whip,
Had cut deep bloody grooves
Across our backs.”
What image is Knight trying to evoke with this simile, and how does the story of Hard Rock relate to it?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more