They have a magnificent team. These people are always kind and willing to listen to your concerns or issues. Better yet, your assignment is always ready before the time, they usually send you a draft to double-check before they finalize your paper.
CUSTOMER ORDER AND PRODUCT APPLICATION
The ABC Manufacturing company has a completely automated application system. The system, however, resides on index files and does not allow for decision support. In order to move to ad-hoc queries, and “what if” queries, the company has decided to convert the existing system to a database.
Initially, the only criterion for the application is to replace the existing system with a database system. No ad-hoc screen or reports have been anticipated. Samples of the existing reports and screens are shown below. The pictures below are:
1. Order screen
2. Product-Inventory screen
3. Product Bill-Of-Materials Report
Customer Order and Product Application Considerations:
1. Each customer must be on file before an order can be placed. The name, address(s), phone number(s), and credit limit must be recorded. All other data items are optional. If there is no shipping address, then the mailing address is used instead. Since customers can have identical names, a customer id has been assigned to each customer.
2. Each order will have a computer generated id number. The order can have up to 10 line items. Discounts can be given to preferred customers and this discount amount will be recorded on the customer’s record. Customers without a discount amount will not be given a discount.
3. Each product listed on the order will show the standard price for that product. Discounts will be shown at the bottom of the order form.
4. Orders that can be filled or partially filled are shipped immediately, and the product data is updated accordingly. Order or partial orders that cannot be filled will be backordered.
5. As products are manufactured the product data is updated accordingly along with the part inventory data.
6. A customer can place numerous orders. Products can be ordered by many different customers. The same part can be used in numerous products. (e.g. a screw can be used in a chair, bar stool etc.).
Using all the provided information create relational notation for each of the 3 pictures below (e.g.
Order (order_id, xxx, xxx)) showing the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd normal forms of the data design.
1: Order Screen
2: Product Inventory Screen
3: Product Bill-Of-Materials Report
SAMPLE REPORTS AND SCREENS
ABC MANUFACTURING ORDER FORM DATE: AUG 30, 2002
ORDER # 9932
MR. S.D. KURTZ SHIPPING ADDRESS: 456 NO STREET
123 THAT STREET ANYWHERE, CA 12345
ANYWHERE, CA 12345
PHONE: (416) 879-0045 (416) 786-3241 CUSTOMER DISCOUNT: 3%
ITEM # PRODUCT CODE DESCRIPTION QTY BACKORDERED FILLED PRICE/UNIT AMOUNT
1 FR223 HALF SIZE REFRIGERATOR 2 0 2 750.99 1501.98
2 TB101 PATIO TABLE 5 2 3 150.00 450.00
3 CH089 PATIO CHAIRS 20 0 20 35.00 700.00
DISCOUNT AMT 79.56
AMOUNT OWING 2572.42
PRODUCTS INVENTORY AS AT: AUG 30, 2002
PRODUCT CODE DESCRIPTION QTY ON HAND QTY BACKORDERED PRICE
CH089 PATIO CHAIRS 140 0 35.00
FR223 HALF SIZE REFRIGERATOR 10 0 750.99
TB101 PATIO TABLE 0 2 35.00
PRODUCT EXPLOSION REPORT
PRODUCT CODE DESCRIPTION PART NUMB. PART DESCRIPTION QTY REQUIRED
CH089 PATIO CHAIRS WOOD223 1 X 2 – 30″ WOOD 8
SCRW110 1.25″ SCREWS 26
TB101 PATIO TABLE WOOD995 2 X 4 – 48″ WOOD 12
SCRW110 1.25″ SCREWS 34
Using your completed part 1 document as input, create a new logical ERD using Visio 2013 (Crow’s Foot Database Notation template).
I want to see you map your 3NF relational notation into an ERD in Visio.
As stated in the overview document, decide which design (relational notation) you will be using (mine or yours).
Then create a new SQL Server database containing the needed tables and relationships.
Once you have implemented the database design upload the SQL Server database file (xxx.mdf) for grading.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more