They have a magnificent team. These people are always kind and willing to listen to your concerns or issues. Better yet, your assignment is always ready before the time, they usually send you a draft to double-check before they finalize your paper.
********PLEASE READ INFORMATION VERY CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS**************
Information necessary for Joseph Russo to negotiate with Patrick Lo
– It is related to the Canaan Group Negotiation and you will be playing the role of Joseph Russo and you will be negotiating with Mr. Patrick Lo.
Patrick has two sets of important negotiations: one with Joseph Russo concerning royalty fees; the other with CP Rail regarding freight rates. For the Cache Creek container trans-loading operation to proceed, success was essential in both negotiations. It would appear from the information in the case that Hapag-Lloyd negotiated a base price of $1,825, which provides a cost savings of $555 per container (or 23 per cent). For the purposes of this negotiation, we can assume that Hapag-Lloyd is prepared to use the Cache Creek operation at that price, the other shippers may also be interested.
In addition, the cost savings shown above, other benefits of this proposed trans-loading facility include:
• Congestion relief at Port Metro Vancouver
• A reliable Shipping schedule and the elimination of delays caused by truck delivery bottlenecks
• A lower risk of delivery interruptions caused by trucker strikes
• No negative effects from a potential truck driver shortage
• The ability to consolidate inventory and containers at Cache Creek.
In preparation for your role play, you as Joseph Russo, need to think about the positions of strength you have in the negotiation with Patrick Lo. The following information is relevant for you in your role as Joseph Russo:
• Joseph was a 73-year-old entrepreneur who had been successful at investing in residential and commercial real estate in the Lower Mainland. He did not have any experience in logistics, but could see the potential for Cache Creek as a container trans-load operation.
• Cache Creek currently had contracts for rail-car storage and bulk commodity storage. Its biggest customer was Lafarge, which signed a 10-year contract for the storage of red shale for its cement operations in 2009. These revenue streams covered the overhead expenses and Cache Creek was operation at a break-even point.
• In addition to the multi-million-dollar initial investment in the purchase of Cache Creek in 2004, Joseph had recently invested $3 million in infrastructure to improve the capacity and capabilities of the terminal for container trans-loading. Canada’s federal government had matched this investment, for a total of $6 million.
• Joseph had a long-term perspective. He felt that it was just a matter of time before congestion at the port would force shippers to start using his terminal for container trans-loading.
• While Joseph liked Patrick and appreciated his enthusiasm, Joseph felt that he had assumed most of the risks through his investments in Cache Creek, and so he should benefit more. Joseph felt that the benefit sharing should be 80/20 or 75/25 in favor of Cache Creek. He would consider a 20-year lease on this basis.
• Joseph was familiar with the results of the pilot project conducted by Patrick.
Answer some questions about your role, your goals, and planned strategy for the upcoming negotiation. Also include your thoughts about the following :
answer the question on the word doc.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more