They have a magnificent team. These people are always kind and willing to listen to your concerns or issues. Better yet, your assignment is always ready before the time, they usually send you a draft to double-check before they finalize your paper.
ENG 101: Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing Activity
Choose one of the following sample argumentative essays from
Elements of Argument:
• Chapter 1 – “In Gun Control Debate, Logic Goes out the Window” – page 11
• Chapter 2 – “The Gay Option” – page 50
• Chapter 4 – “The Snitch in Your Pocket” – page 130
• Chapter 5 – “Morning-After Pill a Boon for Women – page 160
• Chapter 6 – “Are Sports Fans Happier?” – page 188
• Chapter 8 – “GOP Fear of Common Core Education Standards Unfounded – page 241
After choosing an essay, complete the following steps:
1. Read the entire essay.
2. Following the guidelines outlined on Purdue OWL, quote directly from the essay AND cite the quote using MLA format. You should have an in-text citation AND a Works Cited entry for the essay you’ve chosen.
3. Then, paraphrase the same sentence you directly quoted. Paraphrasing is taking one sentence (or sometimes several) and putting it in your own words. It does not need quotation marks, but it still needs a citation because the information does not belong to you; it belongs to the original author.
Here’s an example:
Direct Quote: “Many organic compounds, especially those of a nitrogenous nature, carry sulfur, which appears in simple forms as decay progresses” (Buckman 127).
Paraphrase: Many organic soil mixtures, especially those that contain nitrogen, produce sulfur as they decay (Buckman 127).
4. Lastly, write a summary of the essay in your own words. Your summary shouldn’t have any direct quotes or paraphrases; it should cover the content of the article from start to finish. In terms of length, it should be 6-10 sentences long. Think back to the Annotated Bibliography summaries you wrote in Week 1; this summary should be similar to those.
5. Please make sure your entire document is in MLA Format including an MLA heading, MLA pagination (page numbering), MLA documentation (Works Cited page and in-text citations).
*****DO TONIGHT BE 11:30PM*****
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more