Thank you much for writing my perfect assignment!.!. Very well written and great service
University of Phoenix Material
Answer the following multiple choice questions by highlighting the answer. There is one correct answer per question.
1. Which historical perspective stated that psychologists should study the different components of the mind independently, because to understand how the conscious mind works, we must understand all of its individual parts completely?
2. Edward Titchener used a method for studying the mind that became popular during the Structuralist period. The method, called _____, required trained participants to report their conscious mental experiences to the investigator. For example, if a person was angry, they would report all of their experiences during the time they were angry.
3. A potential problem with ___________ research is _____________.
a. longitudinal; cohort differences
b. cross-sectional; subject attrition
c. cross-sectional; cohort differences
d. longitudinal; random assignment
e. cross-sectional; maturation
4. Research by _____________ legitimized psychological science when it became the first psychological research presented as evidence to the United States Supreme Court.
a. Muzafer Sherif
b. Irving Janis
c. Mamie Clark
d. Phillip Zimbardo
e. Kurt Lewin
5. To determine whether changing one variable like education will produce changes in another like income, we must conduct _____________________ research.
6. Mary is studying the effect of high blood sugar on intelligence test performance. Which of these might be her hypothesis?
a. People should not eat high sugar foods prior to IQ testing.
b. High sugar foods increase energy and improve IQ test performance.
c. People who eat high sugar foods before testing will have lower scores on an IQ test than people who do not.
d. Roughly 75% of people had lower IQ test scores after eating high sugar snacks right before testing.
e. Individuals should not be given high sugar snacks prior to IQ testing.
7. Which of the following research methods would be most effective in demonstrating whether the presence of others improves our performance of a task?
a. An experiment
b. A correlational study
c. A survey
d. A field study
e. An historical study
8. Which of the following psychological studies would you expect to have similar results cross-culturally?
a. Milgram’s study of obedience to authority
b. Asch’s conformity study
c. Study of the symptoms of mental illness
d. Study of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
e. Study of parenting styles
9. According to the APA Ethical Standards, psychologists must inform participants of the nature of the research; and that they are free to participate, decline to participate, or withdraw from the research at any time. These requirements, among others, are necessary to ensure the participants’ ______.
b. risk level
c. informed consent
e. risk/benefit ratio
10. Making an ethical decision involves
a. simply applying a clear and definitive set of guidelines for ethical research
b. deciding that an ethical decision is effective if it makes you happy
c. identifying what ethical guidelines are relevant in a situation and what is at stake for all parties involved
d. maintaining the anonymity of the researchers
e. maintaining the anonymity of the participants
11. According to the APA Ethical Standards, who is ultimately responsible for the ethical conduct of research done in psychology?
a. The Institutional Review Board
b. The individual researchers
c. The sponsoring institution, such as the university
d. The assistants who test the participants
e. The funding agency
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more