Thank you much for writing my perfect assignment!.!. Very well written and great service
Read “Opera Night in Canada” by Michael McKinley, Chapter 6 in Reader’s Choice (pages 278-281) using one of the two active reading strategies (Log Entries 6 and 7). Answer the Understanding Details, Analyzing Meaning, and Discovering Rhetorical Strategies questions on pages 281 to 282.
1. The differences between opera and hockey are obvious; McKinley focuses on similarities. List the similarities he identifies.
2. Why did Uyeda choose to create an opera about hockey?
3. Why has the popularity of opera diminished over time? What effects have these forces had on hockey?
1. Why has McKinley chosen to compare opera and hockey? What is his purpose in this essay?
2. Explain the “parodic phrase beloved of sports announcers: ‘it ain’t over until the fat lady sings”’ (paragraph 7). What does McKinley mean by his reference to this phrase in the final sentence of his essay?
3. Is McKinley’s outlook for the future of hockey optimistic or pessimistic? Explain.
DISCOVERING RHETORICAL STRATEGIES
1. Which of the four main methods of organizing and comparison/contrast essay has McKinley used? Why do you think he has made this choice?
2. In addition to comparison and contrast, what rhetorical strategies has McKinley employed in his essay? Where do you see evidence of these strategies?
3. How does McKinley give his essay cohesiveness? What details link the conclusion back to the beginning of the essay?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more