They have a magnificent team. These people are always kind and willing to listen to your concerns or issues. Better yet, your assignment is always ready before the time, they usually send you a draft to double-check before they finalize your paper.
Activity I – Qualitative Risk Assessment. Imagine that you are a member of a project team that has been charged with developing a new product for the residential building industry. Using a qualitative risk analysis matrix, develop a risk assessment for a project based on the following information: :
Identified risk factors Likelihood
1. Key team members pulled off project 1. High
2. Chance of economic downturn 2. Low
3. Project funding cut 3. Medium
4. Project scope changes 4. High
5. Poor spec. performance 5. Low
1. Based on this information, how would you rate the consequences of each of the identified risk factors? Why? Construct the risk matrix and classify each of the risk factors in the matrix.
Activity II – Sochi Olympics—What’s the Cost of National Prestige?
The Sochi Olympics was an example of project costs running out of control; so much so that the final price tag (estimated to be more than $50 billion), dwarfed the costs of every other Olympic Games to this point in time. In addition to picking a questionable, sub-tropical location for the Games, from the very beginning, the process of developing the site was subject to meddling from politicians, including President Vladimir Putin. Another major cost to the final price tag was related to charges of wide-spread corruption, as sub-projects for the Games (such as infrastructure, buildings, and roads) ended up with highly inflated price tags. This is a great case for general class discussion as we consider the purpose for Olympic Games, the challenges of cost control with critical deadlines that must be adhered to, and the fact that costs are rising for Games to the point where in 2017, Rome, Budapest, and several other cities withdrew their bids to host the 2024 Olympics because they could not trust the final costs and could not justify the value they would gain versus the costs of the project.
1. Consider the following statement: “Government-funded projects intended to serve as ‘prestige projects,’ such as the Sochi Olympics, should not be judged on the basis of cost.” Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
2. Project success is defined as adherence to budget, schedule, functionality (performance), and client satisfaction. Under these criteria, cite evidence that suggests the Sochi Olympics project was a success and/or failure.
3. When a project has a “hard gate,” like being ready on time, how does that affect normal success criteria? Is it fair to judge a project with a critical completion date by normal project success standards? Why or why not?
4. Consider the problems with the Rio Olympics sites that quickly occurred following completion of the 2016 Summer Games. Access the internet to find evidence of the current state of the Sochi Olympic site. How is it being used and what are the current problems and opportunities for Sochi?
Pinto, J.K. (2019). Project Management: Achieving Competitive Advantage (5thed). Boston: Pearson
The answer should be at least 500+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced)
I need 2 answers for this same assignment. One for me and another one for my friend.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more